Since Hippo Video comes with a chrome extension there is a need to communicate with the Google Chrome API. To do so, Google Chrome needs access to some permissions.
- When you install and add Hippo Video to your chrome extension, you might notice a popup like the one displayed below.
- Listing the importance of each permission in the same order as shown in the image:
Read and change all your data on the websites you visit: This permission sounds scary, the way it is phrased. However, it is one of the basic permissions that Google Chrome requires for a chrome extension. We don’t read or change any data you browse.
Display notifications: This permission is helpful for you to keep you informed about the progress of the recording. It offers you the best experience through notifications when working in the background.
Communicate with cooperating websites: This permission is only used to know the status and working of the chrome extension.
Capture content of your screen: In order to record your screen, Hippo Video requires this permission.
2. Webcam permission lets you record a video with a webcam. You can test your webcam here
3. Click on the chrome extension and sign up.
4. As soon as you log in to your account, select your role, and proceed to record videos.
Your privacy is the first priority and we’re trying our best to ask you for as little information as we can. If you have any questions or would like some more details, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happy to help you out.